Chorus students invite friends, family to attend 2nd annual madrigal dinner

Madison Tenney, Staff Writer

Before students leave school for winter break, Bearden’s choral department is treating students to a show full of medieval characters, catered food, and a student-made skit.

The choral department is holding a Madrigal Dinner in the West Mall on Thursday starting at 6:30. They will serve dinner in the West Mall, and concert will start at 7:30.

Tickets for the dinner and show will cost $15, and tickets for only the concert are $5.

The concert will begin B Natural, Bearden’s female a cappella group, who will start with a selection of Christmas songs and finish with three special arrangements originally by the a cappella group Pentatonix.

Following B Natural will be Bearden Singers performing an original skit written by chorus teacher Ms. Mary Sexton. The students will wear medieval costumes that will accent the songs and dance routines.

The students have been preparing for this night since they came back from fall break. Almost 100 students are involved in preparing to make this performance a success.

Both Ms. Sexton and the students are excited for the night and looking forward to a good performance.

“[The Madrigal dinner will provide] good memories for the students and an entertaining evening for the audience,” Ms. Sexton said.

Sophomore Bridget Nagdeman is one of many students performing with the group Bearden Singers and has long anticipated this night.

“I’m definitely looking forward to all the different characters we’ve incorporated into the skit and how funny it’s going to be,” Nagdeman said.