Prom committee reveals classy Starlight Gala theme

Maggie Price, Entertainment Editor

It’s that time of year again. Prom is up and coming and everyone has been awaiting the theme. After a long patient wait, it has finally been announced.

The theme for this year’s prom is “Starlight Gala.” It was chosen through a strenuous process of suggestions and voting; it finally came down to this one theme.

“I feel this year people were especially drawn to this theme because of how simple it would be to decorate and make look as elegant as possible hence the ‘gala’ part,” senior prom committee member Madison Tenney said.

While it bears some similarities to last year’s theme, “Magnolias in the Moonlight,” it differs in the fact that this year’s will be more elegant and classy. Last year, the country and southern inspirations made it feel more casual. The aim was to make this year’s theme more sophisticated.

With a “Starlight Gala” comes plenty of twinkly lights and star decorations. The color scheme for prom this year will be black and gold to fit with the theme.

Prom will once again be held at The Mill and Mine in downtown Knoxville from 8 p.m. until midnight on May 12. Tickets will go on sale for seniors on March 19 and will open for juniors the following week. Students must continue to meet the school’s criteria in order to be eligible to attend prom.