• February 15Applications for The Bark and BBN are available in room 333

• February 14Bearden Basketball plays in the District Tournament on Saturday

• February 14Follow us on Twitter @BeardenHSnow and on Instagram @beardenhsnow

Library, Mr. Long collaborating to offer prizes for Twitter ACT prep questions

Back to Article
Back to Article

The library posts its ACT Word of the Day.

Abby Ann Ramsey

Abby Ann Ramsey

Abby Ann Ramsey

Emma Kate Poole, Staff Writer

Students will have the opportunity to win a prize for answering ACT Prep questions every Friday morning.

The librarians will post several ACT questions on their Twitter page, @BHSDawgLibrary, at 8 a.m.

The idea behind this was to create competition for students, ultimately making practicing for the ACT more exciting. Mr. Spencer Long, the junior assistant principal, came up with this idea to get more students, specifically juniors, involved in prepping for the ACT.

“The ACT Twitter question … was to hopefully try to make the ACT practice more fun,” Mr. Long said. “The ACT is not a fun experience, right, and neither is practicing for the ACT. So I thought let’s incentivize and make it something that people are already doing, which is social media, and turn it into sort of a game.”

To win, a student has to reply to the library’s post or answer the questions face-to-face to the librarians. The first student to answer all the questions correctly will win the prize. Previous prizes have included Chick-fil-A and free tickets to Bearden sporting events.

“It is always going to be something that hopefully people want to actually compete for,” Mr. Long said.

The librarians and Mr. Long are planning to continue ACT Friday up until March, when the next in school ACT takes place, or possibly through the rest of the semester.  

• Library, Mr. Long collaborating to offer prizes for Twitter ACT prep questions

News

Bearden senior takes on unique challenge of recreating Marvel’s Iron Man suit

News

BBN News 2.15.19

News

BBN News 2.8.19

News

Dyer’s students get opportunity to repair 1967 Camaro in class

News

Competitive video gaming comes to Bearden with new esports club

News

New blanket trend weighing students down – but in a good way, they say

News

BBN News 2.1.19

News

AP Art students to showcase work for First Friday show at Old City Java

News

BBN News 1.25.18

News

Bearden’s American Sign Language program offers unique world language credits to students