• March 29Congratulations to the Bearden Boys Basketball Team for bringing home a state championship

• March 29The talent show will be Friday 3/29 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium

• March 29Follow us on Twitter @BeardenHSnow and on Instagram @beardenhsnow

Library, Mr. Long collaborating to offer prizes for Twitter ACT prep questions

Back to Article
Back to Article

The library posts its ACT Word of the Day.

Abby Ann Ramsey

Abby Ann Ramsey

Abby Ann Ramsey

Emma Kate Poole, Staff Writer

Students will have the opportunity to win a prize for answering ACT Prep questions every Friday morning.

The librarians will post several ACT questions on their Twitter page, @BHSDawgLibrary, at 8 a.m.

The idea behind this was to create competition for students, ultimately making practicing for the ACT more exciting. Mr. Spencer Long, the junior assistant principal, came up with this idea to get more students, specifically juniors, involved in prepping for the ACT.

“The ACT Twitter question … was to hopefully try to make the ACT practice more fun,” Mr. Long said. “The ACT is not a fun experience, right, and neither is practicing for the ACT. So I thought let’s incentivize and make it something that people are already doing, which is social media, and turn it into sort of a game.”

To win, a student has to reply to the library’s post or answer the questions face-to-face to the librarians. The first student to answer all the questions correctly will win the prize. Previous prizes have included Chick-fil-A and free tickets to Bearden sporting events.

“It is always going to be something that hopefully people want to actually compete for,” Mr. Long said.

The librarians and Mr. Long are planning to continue ACT Friday up until March, when the next in school ACT takes place, or possibly through the rest of the semester.  

• Library, Mr. Long collaborating to offer prizes for Twitter ACT prep questions

News

Bearden vocalists to share their talent at annual Coffee House event

News

BBN News 4.18.19

News

BBN News 4.12.19

News

Bearden to host sports medicine workshop for students in June

News

Senior Committee now taking applications for students to represent the Class of 2020

News

BBN News 4.5.19

News

Applications for Susan G. Hinton service scholarship available to seniors

News

K Brew opens new branch in West Knoxville across from West Town Mall

News

Senior Ahmadi wins talent show with Spanish guitar medley

News

BBN News 3.29.19