• March 6The boys basketball team made it to the state tournament after a win over Dobyns Bennett

• March 6Improv has a show this Friday at 7 p.m. in the chorus room

• March 6Follow us on Twitter @BeardenHSnow and on Instagram @beardenhsnow

Spikes earns ‘I AM SPORT’ award nomination for basketball and service to community

Back to Article
Back to Article

Tytiaira Spikes drives toward the basket in a recent win against Catholic.

Julia Bryant

Julia Bryant

Julia Bryant

Logan Mize, Staff Writer

Senior forward Tytiaira Spikes has made a huge impact on the court for Bearden this year, but she has also become a great ambassador for the school off the court.

In fact, her community service has helped her become recognized as a finalist for the Knox News I AM SPORT award, an award given to high school athletes for their commitment in sports and in their community.

“She’s one of those that will work extremely hard in the classroom, and extremely hard on the court,” Coach Justin Underwood said. “She’s on numerous committees that she’s a part of; she maintains a very high GPA.

Continue reading at beardenbarksports.com.

• Spikes earns ‘I AM SPORT’ award nomination for basketball and service to community

News

Prom committee announces ‘Luminous Depths’ theme for May 4 event at Mill & Mine

News

BBN News 3.15.19

Entertainment

Group of students to spend spring break volunteering at Black Mountain Home in N.C.

Sports

Bearden boys soccer looking to 9 senior starters to lead with experience

Sports

Class of 2011 set standard for Bearden basketball; 2019 has met it – and could surpass it

News

New ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ club aims to spread positivity throughout school

News

Bearden names valedictorian, co-salutatorians for Class of 2019

News

Latin, History clubs to host 4th annual Medieval Day on Saturday

Entertainment

Two Bearden teachers relish chance to educate students by day, be rock stars by night

News

BBN News 3.1.19