• March 6The boys basketball team made it to the state tournament after a win over Dobyns Bennett

• March 6Improv has a show this Friday at 7 p.m. in the chorus room

• March 6Follow us on Twitter @BeardenHSnow and on Instagram @beardenhsnow

New ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ club aims to spread positivity throughout school

Back to Article
Back to Article

The newly-formed

The newly-formed "Random Acts of Kindness" club meets every Wednesday at 3:35 in Room 330.

Julia Bryant

Julia Bryant

Julia Bryant

Abby Ann Ramsey, Entertainment Editor

With piles of homework on top of difficult social situations, high schoolers can often feel overwhelmed and be pessimistic. Bearden’s new “Random Acts of Kindness” club, however, hopes to counteract this by spreading positivity.

Juniors Madelyn Webb and Katie Rogers came up with the idea in Ms. Lee Ann Wright’s speech class. They wanted to have an opportunity to make other people feel appreciated for their hard work in and outside of school every day.

“I just think people who don’t get recognized for their good actions need to be, and I wanted to be able to do that for them,” Webb said.

The club also aims to rally support amongst peers throughout the school. The idea is that if students see people making an effort to encourage others, they might provide the same support.

“I wanted to help encourage all the students to be more kind to one another and always lift their peers up,” junior member Katie Creech said. “I want to try to promote change in the way the student body treats each other as a whole.”

Recently, club members posted sticky notes with encouraging messages in the bathrooms. Their ideas for possible future projects include face painting at basketball games and hosting an outdoor movie night.

Currently, the club is small as it has just started, but more members could help accomplish some of the big goals they have, so anyone interested in spreading encouragement is welcome to join.

“My favorite part about the club so far is being able to meet new people and also helping others who are either in a bad place, need to be lifted up during the day, or just need to be told that they are appreciated,” Creech said.

The “Random Acts of Kindness” club meets every Wednesday at 3:35 in Room 330.

• New ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ club aims to spread positivity throughout school

News

Prom committee announces ‘Luminous Depths’ theme for May 4 event at Mill & Mine

News

BBN News 3.15.19

News

BBN News 3.8.19

News

Bearden names valedictorian, co-salutatorians for Class of 2019

News

Latin, History clubs to host 4th annual Medieval Day on Saturday

News

BBN News 3.1.19

News

Bearden senior takes on unique challenge of recreating Marvel’s Iron Man suit

News

BBN News 2.15.19

News

BBN News 2.8.19

News

Dyer’s students get opportunity to repair 1967 Camaro in class