• March 6The boys basketball team made it to the state tournament after a win over Dobyns Bennett

• March 6Improv has a show this Friday at 7 p.m. in the chorus room

• March 6Follow us on Twitter @BeardenHSnow and on Instagram @beardenhsnow

Class of 2011 set standard for Bearden basketball; 2019 has met it – and could surpass it

Back to Article
Back to Article

Andrew Peters, Sports Editor

When Ty Greene, Rico White, and a few of their other former teammates walked back onto Bearden’s campus in the summer of 2015, Greene had just been named the country’s Mid-Major Player of the Year and White had just finished his senior year of college as the composed, savvy floor general for 22-10 Chattanooga.

They probably had a hint even then that this group of scrawny, soon-to-be Bearden freshmen they were scrimmaging against would one day compete with Greene and White’s Class of 2011 for the best Bulldog team ever.

The now-seniors that Greene and White scrimmaged against four years ago are on the way to their third straight state tournament, and if they win a title in Murfreesboro, they’ll surpass the Class of 2011 as the best to ever play at Bearden.

Continue reading at beardenbarksports.com.

• Class of 2011 set standard for Bearden basketball; 2019 has met it – and could surpass it

News

Prom committee announces ‘Luminous Depths’ theme for May 4 event at Mill & Mine

News

BBN News 3.15.19

Entertainment

Group of students to spend spring break volunteering at Black Mountain Home in N.C.

Sports

Bearden boys soccer looking to 9 senior starters to lead with experience

News

New ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ club aims to spread positivity throughout school

News

Bearden names valedictorian, co-salutatorians for Class of 2019

News

Latin, History clubs to host 4th annual Medieval Day on Saturday

Entertainment

Two Bearden teachers relish chance to educate students by day, be rock stars by night

News

BBN News 3.1.19

News

Bearden senior takes on unique challenge of recreating Marvel’s Iron Man suit