• March 29Congratulations to the Bearden Boys Basketball Team for bringing home a state championship

• March 29The talent show will be Friday 3/29 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium

• March 29Follow us on Twitter @BeardenHSnow and on Instagram @beardenhsnow

Prom committee announces ‘Luminous Depths’ theme for May 4 event at Mill & Mine

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lydia Battey, Staff Writer

Prom committee has been working diligently since the beginning of the year to decide on a new and creative theme for this year’s prom.

This year’s theme for prom is “Luminous Depths,” an under-the-sea theme with an elegant twist.

The students that participate in prom committee are split into groups, and they each pick and present a concept to share with their peers. The committee was looking for a more imaginative theme, so “Luminous Depths” was the perfect fit.

“Great feats of creativity, most times, are best executed when someone recreates a ‘classic’ in a new, fresh way,” Bearden prom co-sponsor Mrs. Autumn Suranofsky said. “That is especially true for this year’s prom.”

This year’s theme will focus on a darker color gradient and the luminous aspects of the deep depths of the sea.  

The prom committee will use heat guns to create luminescent coral, and decorations will also include fish die-cuts and sea glass.

This year’s prom will once again be held at The Mill and Mine on May 4, from 8 p.m. until midnight. Prom tickets go on sale on March 25 for seniors and April 1 for juniors.

Students must make sure that they meet eligibility requirements in order to be able to go to prom: no OSS, no more than 10 unexcused absences, must be on track to graduate, and prom date must be under age 21.

• Prom committee announces ‘Luminous Depths’ theme for May 4 event at Mill & Mine

News

Bearden vocalists to share their talent at annual Coffee House event

News

BBN News 4.18.19

News

BBN News 4.12.19

News

Bearden to host sports medicine workshop for students in June

News

Senior Committee now taking applications for students to represent the Class of 2020

News

BBN News 4.5.19

News

Applications for Susan G. Hinton service scholarship available to seniors

News

K Brew opens new branch in West Knoxville across from West Town Mall

News

Senior Ahmadi wins talent show with Spanish guitar medley

News

BBN News 3.29.19