Bearden ready for annual Fall Festival next week to raise funds for Second Harvest

Bearden students participate in last year’s Fall Festival.

Megan Armstrong, Staff Writer

Bearden’s annual Fall Festival always brings in students and others from the Bearden community for a fun-filled night.

It will do so for the fifth year in a row on Tuesday with food trucks, trunk-or-treating, activity booths, and live music set up for everyone’s enjoyment. All of the proceeds will go to Second Harvest Food Bank.

Bearden SGA Fall Festival Committee Co-Chairs Abby Ann Ramsey and Ellie Raulston, who also happen to be Student Body President and Student Body Vice President, respectively, are working on making Fall Festival another successful and fun night for everyone.

“During the event, I will be there making sure everything comes together and runs smoothly,” Raulston said.

Fall Festival offers a trunk-or-treat, where students and clubs have the fun opportunity to decorate the trunks of their cars and hand out candy to kids as they walk from car to car. Attendees vote on their favorite trunk, and the best dressed one will win a free pie every month for a year from Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop.

“My favorite part about Fall Festival, along with Bearden coming together, are the elementary school kids who always love trunk-or-treating,” Raulston said.

One of Bearden’s own alumni Chloe Baker will sing for Fall Festival, performing covers and even a few of her own songs.

“When I was a student at Bearden, this was one of my favorite functions put on by SGA,” Baker said. 

Growing up singing and now dabbling in the art of songwriting, she’s still fairly new to the Knoxville music scene, but being an opener for Stonefish at the Concourse and some benefit concerts has her ready to play for the festival.

“I’m stoked to add Bearden Fall Festival to my list,” Baker said. 

The admission fee is $5 with a $20 cap on families. The festival will go from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m and will be held in the Bearden staff parking lot. 

“In addition to benefiting Second Harvest, Fall Festival makes a difference in our community by bringing together so many different people, from our own students to local businesses to families in the area, all for a good cause,” Raulston said.