Bearden’s ‘Most Talented’ senior to sing, play at Resurrection 2013

Hannah McElroy

Every year, Bearden High School has multiple standout talents in the senior class. One Bearden student has been selected by her church district to represent Knoxville by performing at Resurrection 2013. Senior Camille Winton will be singing and playing guitar at Resurrection 2013, a convention that brings together different Methodist church districts in the southeast. Although this is not her first time representing Knoxville at the convention, she still had to audition and beat out other hopefuls for the chance to perform. “My freshman year I went and represented Knoxville and it was just awesome,” Winton said. Winton says that music has and always will be a big part of her life. Every year she has been at Bearden, she has taken some sort of music centric class, including Female Chorus, Bearden Singers, A capella, and Musical Theater. “Her voice has matured as she’s gotten older,” choir teacher Ms. Mary Sexton said. “She has become more diverse in that she’s able to sing everything from pop to very difficult classical music.” With her love of music and natural talent for it, it’s no surprise that Winton was recently voted Most Talented by her fellow senior classmates. “Camille is probably the nicest person I’ve ever met,” junior Ronnie Lauth said. “She’s very, very talented and can sing, dance, act, and play instruments. “She can do it all basically.” Resurrection 2013 will take place in Gatlinburg in January where Winton will perform what she called her current favorite song, “Redeemed” by Big Daddy Weave. Hannah McElroy is a staff writer for The Bark. Follow TheBark on Twitter @BeardenBARK and like The Bark (Bearden High School) on Facebook .