SGA president Harmon ready to lead BHS

Zoey Line

Madison Harmon admits that she always got nervous waiting to hear the results of SGA elections. But those nerves have now disappeared as the SGA president makes plans for the future of Bearden. “We’re working on tradition, school sprit, and just getting everyone to be excited about their school,” Harmon said. “We’re bringing back some old traditions as well as some new ones.” On top of that, she also has big plans for some new project additions. “First we have Second Harvest, but we also have other big projects planned,” Harmon said. “Since we have three leadership classes we can get a lot done.” Harmon got involved in SGA as a freshman and fell in love with it. She knew that she wanted to continue with it for her remaining years at Bearden. “My brother was in SGA, and he made a lot of friends through it, so when I came into high school I wanted to do it too,” Harmon said. “My friends didn’t really want to do it, so in time they all kind of left, but I stuck with it. “ “With it being my fourth year in SGA I really wanted to leave my legacy behind at Bearden,” she added. Though Harmon is ready and confident to take on her job as president, she’s had her rough moments getting to the top. “Elections were nerve wracking,” Harmon said. “I was running against some of my best friends. We had to promise each other that no matter what happened it wouldn’t change anything. “The process was very fast, very exciting, and a big rush.” Harmon encourages other students to enjoy their time at Bearden and to get involved. “I really hope students enjoy it as much as I have,” she said. “I just really love Bearden.” Others have noticed. “She’s very energetic and passionate about everything she does,” SGA sponsor Mrs. Rachel Harmon said. Madison Harmon has come a long way since her early years at Bearden. She is now heavily involved in many different school related activities and clubs. “I am in SGA, Leadership, musical theatre, and chorus,” Harmon said. “But SGA and leadership take up most of my time. I’m also just a really big Bearden fan. “I wish there was a Bearden fan club.” Zoey Line is a staff writer for The Bark. Follow The Bark on Twitter@BeardenBARK and like The Bark (Bearden High School) on Facebook.